- Because the panels are precision cut – with far fewer components than with a traditional build – they go together quickly on site.
- The external wall thickness reduces significantly, providing an increased floor area when compared to traditional construction methods.
- Excellent Strength/Weight ratio – easier handling on site – each panel is securely fixed to adjoining panels, collectively sharing the stresses and loads.
- Predictable build programme time – our experienced installation team can work to a very controlled schedule, with firm completion dates and less time spent on remedial works.
- Compared to timber framed and even brick/block buildings, shrinkage and settlement is minimised.
- SIPS are durable and robust giving a solid feel. Kingspan TEK is considerably stronger than a standard masonry build and timber frame building.
- It also offers significant lifetime energy costs due to its excellent insulation and airtightness properties.
Building with SIPS is compatible with other forms of construction; creative, individual and flexible building designs are achieved in a variety of external finishes.
A wide variety of external finishes can be applied to SIPS, from cladding, brick slips, render, tiles or a traditional solid brick outer wall.
Once the watertight SIPS shell is erected and the internal work has commenced, the external finish can be completed at any point in the construction programme. This gives more flexibility to the builder, whilst reducing the risk of delays due to poor weather conditions.
Reduced Waste and Site Storage Space
Waste is always a factor on a building site. Land fill from site waste can be reduced considerably with a SIPS construction, as panels are delivered to site pre-cut and engineered ready for installation.
Fewer large, heavy materials coming to site also helps to reduce the impact on the environment.
The panels are delivered to site when needed, so you don’t need to create and manage specific storage areas for them. Although they don’t need to be stored for long they are treated and robust enough to be stored for extended periods if necessary.